Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Beautiful Food















Strawberries! Matt brought home a ton from the market yesterday, and I guess they won't be in season very much longer so we've been enjoying them while they last. These are so good and sweet, there's no need for sugar. We had strawberry shortcake for a treat last night (well, more like strawberries and cream with angelfood cake--it has less calories than shortcake but it's still so delicious) and I made this yogurt parfait for lunch today. It tasted even better than it looked!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keith and I went to a U pick farm and split a gallon between us. Gayle made a pie and some crisp. Fresh strawberries are so good! The season is just staring here.

Dad G

Nicole said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of strawberries and strawberry goodies. I was considering making a pie, but I'm loving them just the way they are! Yum, yum, yum. If the season is soon over here, I won't be too bummed because I have apples to look forward to later in the summer. Bring on the Honeycrisps!

Becky said...

Yum. That looks really good, and now I'm hungry. ;-)

We've been getting berries from the grocery store (the farmers market in Duluth is on Saturdays...we are always gone on Saturdays during the summer...we fail). We've been making smoothies. Yummy!