Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Joe Buck Sucks

Some of you know of my intense... err, uh... "dislike" of Bob Costas. For as long as I remember he's come across as a pompous, arrogant, and somewhat insipid sports commentator. Then HBO gave him his own freaking show. I just didn't get it.

In more recent years my hatred dislike of Costas has waned a little. This is mostly due to the fact that I have a newer sportscaster to loathe: Joe Buck. Listen to Buck's voice when he calls baseball playoff games. He seems bored out of his mind. As he makes commentary on various football games, I often find myself wondering if we're watching the same game? Then there was this little gem from a year ago:




One of the most amazing plays in Superbowl history, and Joe Buck seems more occupied watching the grass grow. Basically, he's a terrible sportscaster. And he's terribly boring. .

1 comment:

Neal D said...

Matt, Matt, Matt. Costas is not the anti-Christ. He's a thoughtful, intelligent commentator on all types of sporting events. Perhaps your dislike of his insightful and intriguing interviews and commentary is due to your lack of useful brain matter rather than my man Bob's style.

;)

How are you and Nicole doing?